Monday, August 9, 2010

Anti-Bridezillas

In June, my best friend Brittany got married. So I got to travel back to my southern roots in Atlanta and play bridesmaid and make-up artist. I've decided that if you're one of my girlfriends, I'm giving you the best wedding day gift ever -- a personal make-up artist. I mean, how many bridesmaids, who are there to be your maids anyways, can be your make-up artist and fix and tweak you for pictures and right before you make the grand entrance down the aisle? It's perfect. And to all my friends, you're welcome in advance. I love what I do and I love why I do it.

I'm not even sure the photographer and I even exchanged names. He just called me "make-up artist" -- which is basically my second name anyway, actually -- more like "MAKE-UP!" It was way hot. It was Atlanta, in June, at 2pm. And as my mother keeps telling me, this years June was the hottest it's been in a zillion years. Thank goodness for my Hollywood make-up artist sweat tip ... Viva Kleenex paper towels. I called my dad a few days before coming home kindly requesting he pick up a roll. Between the bride and her three bridesmaids, we devoured the roll.

I've only done a few weddings as a make-up artist. But I've decided I really enjoy them -- I mean who doesn't like being around a day of love? I might have enjoyed them because the brides I've worked with have been the extreme opposite of Bridezillas. So calm, so chill. Which I can only hope I will be that way, but I want to have my wedding in Malibu with 300+ guest (What? I have BIG dreams. And as we've learned, I clearly don't dismiss my dreams, I turn them into reality) ... so we'll see how chill that day will be (apologies to my future husband ... really, I promise my mom and I will deal with all the details).

I've decided to update my website to market to weddings. I think it will be a perfect way to expand my creativity as a make-up artist, as well as participate in love energy. <3

BFF

A Little Doll

Typical B & H moment



No comments: