Sunday, May 2, 2010

Everyone and Their Southern Mothers (and New Jersey Mothers)

I've finally sat down to start this blog that I've been asked to create for almost two years now. Ironically, I am currently the busiest I've been in the past two years, but I have somehow found the time to do this. All of my friends and their mom's continually ask me what's going on in my Hollywood life, so I decided to document it along with some of my on-set experiences. I left my home town of Marietta, Georgia and moved to the big city of Los Angeles on July 1, 2008. Not that Marietta is a small town, it's not actually. It's quite large, close to Atlanta, very middle to upper class suburban, overall not at all a bad place to grow up. I don't miss living there though (sorry Mom). Ok, I do miss a few things -- Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's, Williamson Brother's BBQ, Scalini's, Atlanta Bread Company. Although, it has been confirmed (through Twitter of course) that Chick-fil-A will be opening a location on Highland and La Brea in early 2011 -- that news totally rocks my world. It means I don't have to drive all the way down past LAX anymore, although I can imagine this will be the busiest place in Hollywood the first few months it's open ... they should probably re-think the whole closed on Sunday thing and maybe consider staying open late night, it is Hollywood after all.



So here I am living in Los Angeles. When I first arrived here in Summer of 2008, the make-up school I first attended had a house in the Hollywood Hills. I had the "privilege"of living literally right under the infamous HOLLYWOOD sign. By privilege, I mean lack of cell service, and by lack of cell service, I mean absolutely none. And let's not forget the loud coyotes that were on the patio yelling at 4am, power blackout on my birthday, plumbing issues and just overall irritation (much of it from the school). The first month I lived here was a major test, and I passed with a perfect score.

After living the the "glamorous" hills for a month, I then moved to Sherman Oaks. Quite the lovely suburban area, but in "The Valley." Not that The Valley is bad, it's not at all. There's less traffic and always parking. I met my West Coast Mom, Em, in my apartment building, so that alone was totally worth the year and a half I spent there. And it was my first big girl apartment. I had a few places in college, but this was the start of my adult life, moving 2300 miles away from home and beginning my career. I cherish apartment 131 at Sonoma Gardens, it will always have a little piece of my real estate heart.

I recently made the transition from Sherman Oaks to West Hollywood. I moved in with my soul tribe mate, bestie, and past life sister, Murisa. I met Murisa on a film set over a year ago and we instantly bonded. Living with her has been a treat. We're in an amazing location, right off Sunset Boulevard and Laurel Canyon. We painted our living room purple because we like to act like we're Monica and Rachel. We cook elaborate dinners together, throw themed parties and fancy dinner parties, and our favorite -- try new wines and cheeses. We naturally fit into the Glamorous Hollywood lifestyle.


In this blog, I will be telling my "Glamorous Hollywood" stories and on-set adventures for everyone and there mom's to read. As much as I am spreading around my Southern Belle Hospitality here in Hollywood, I hope this blog brings a taste of Hollywood to the South! XoXo

No comments: